Red Jerk Porter House Steak
I have to admit that I am a bit of a meat lover. A nice juicy steak is always a good choice for dinner in my opinion. And while I have enjoyed steak many different ways, I think my new favorite is Red Jerk porterhouse. The flavors are amazing! Plus, it's pretty easy to make. All you need is some steak, peppers, and Red Jerk Paste. Check out the recipe below to see how to make it yourself. Enjoy!
- 2 Porter House Steaks
- Red Jerk Fusion Paste
- 1 Large Red Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Orange Bell Pepper
- 1 Large Red Onion
- Canola Oil
- Red Jerk Fusion Seasoning
Note: Option to cook the steak in your preferred method after step 3
- Coat steaks in Red Jerk Fusion paste and wrap in foil. Marinate for 24 hours
- Un-wrap and pat dry with paper towel (optional: Coat in course Salt and Red Jerk Seasoning)
- A couple hours before cooking, remove steak from fridge and allow it to warm to room temperature
- Pre-heat cast iron pan under 500 degree broiler for 10 minutes
- Add a tbsp oil to the pan to coat the bottom and broil steak for 4.5 minutes on each side.
- Remove from heat and rest for 10 minutes.
- In remaining pan drippings add sliced onions and peppers and sauté until tender.
- Slice steak and arrange on platter with onion and peppers in the middle
- Add a light drizzle of honey and enjoy!