For those who have never cooked dirty rice before this is very simple and quick to make. Usually
made with the cook's preference for meats, onions, bell peppers, celery and garlic, I kept it simple this time around with ground turkey. All the bold seasonings and kick needed is already crafted into the rice, as you can see from its deep orange/red color. Decide on the extras you want to add and prepare to dig in within 30 minutes for this easy dinner recipe!
Many cultures have their own version of meat and spice infused rice dishes and our Extra Dirty rice allows you to play across the cultural lines, from Cajun Creole country down the Southern east coast and into the Caribbean, its all in there! Use this recipe as starter, but make sure to experiment and Put Your Spin on it!
- 2 Cups Extra Dirty Rice
- 4 Cups Water
- 2 lbs mined meat (preference) I used ground turkey
- 1 TBSP Cooking Oil
- 8 quart dutch oven (Need one? Click here)
- Add oil to pot over medium-high heat, cook preferred meat until brown
- Remove meat from pot and drain additional oil
- Add water to pot and bring to a boil
- Stir in rice
- Once water begins to boil again stir in meat
- Reduce heat to medium low, cover and allow to cook for 18 to 20 minutes or until water is absorbed and rice reached the desired softness
Serve and a delicious side or the main dish!